Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My turtle friend

The truth about ‘RoadKill’ #2
Rain, Turtles and the Pavement


Most of my work day I am a Rural Cowboy Redneck Truck Driver, and I enjoy it.

The let down each day is when I have to return to the metropolitan area and resume my God forsaken job of being an Urban Cowboy.

Now there is a classic oxymoron; urban cowboy.

Most people in the city who were educated in government schools could not tell you where the milk in their free lunch milk carton comes from. Give them a 50/50 chance of getting it right, by showing them a picture of a jackass and a cow, and half of them may get it right. Oh; but they are proficient at pulling condoms onto cucumbers, but they couldn’t tell you if a cucumber grows on trees, grows underground, hangs from vines or grows in bushes. The same freeloader/freelunchers would be bored in God’s garden of Eden. They can do rap, but they could never distinguish the difference between a starling’s squawk and a dove’s coo. In other words, they are;

urban idiots, completely dependent upon someone else’s skill at animal husbandry and horticulture to stay alive. They sit in classes listening to Marxist teachers ridicule farmers, truckdrivers and patriotic citizens.

It amuses me to see offices of the organizations like Peta, Wildlife Unlimited, Conservation groups , greenie and ecology businesses in a urban setting.

Shouldn’t their offices be in rural settings? I mean like they say they love the great out of doors and want to preserve it in pristine condition: but they; congregate in big cities , drive huge SUV's, use private jet's like Algore, eat juicy hamburgers when no one is watching and haven't a clue.

Today I want to expose some animal rights idiots that I had the displeasure of meeting last spring.

I was driving down a busy street about 2 blocks from my house when I saw cars, minivans and trucks slowing down and merging into one lane….and the reason was? A huge snapping turtle was sauntering (slowly) down the pavement as if he/she owned the pavement. Not one of the urban idiots, stopped to help the turtle, but I did. I put the 4 way flashers of my pickup on, stopped right there on the pavement and picked the turtle up (very carefully) and placed it gently in the bed of my truck. I didn't want it to get ran over. NOW WHAT I thought? This reptile is out of its safe environment, and can’t live very long out of the water. It had been raining a lot, so I figured it got lost and needed help. In my neighborhood there is a office of a wildlife rescue organization in a storefront in a little used shopping center. It was around 10 o’clock am, so I figured it would be open and willing to help this turtle get back to water. I quickly drove the few blocks to the wildlife rescue place and parked in the handicapped spot right in front of the office. I hurried in hoping to find someone willing to fill up a tub with water or something and help the turtle. The office was open but no one was in the front area, so I called out. Nothing, no one answered or showed up. Yet, I heard someone talking in the back room, but they ignored my pleas for attention. Five minutes later the person in charge hung up the phone and came to the front desk area.

I know it is unfair to paint with such a broad brush, but the lady? who was in charge of the wildlife rescue office that day, was uglier than the turtle in my pickup truck parked in the handicapped parking space in front of the leftist storefront.

What made her even uglier, was her attitude. Such snootiness, arrogance and elitism very seldom end up in one persons being, but she was a loser with ample portions of all those characteristics. She informed me that I had to drive to the nearest river and release the turtle, and that she couldn’t help at all. "After all" she snorted "You picked it up, you have to deal with it." She would not answer my one simple question....."But aren't you an animal rescue organization?" No answer, just a lot of stuttering and shuffling around behind the counter.

I left in a hurry, but couldn't help myself; I had to grab up a few handfuls of the handouts they had in the office. I saved a few to read for toilet comedy, but as I drove my friend the turtle to a city park with a huge pond, I tossed hundreds of the brochures and other propoganda of the marxist organiszation at intersections and crosswalks. My friend the turtle was upset in a patient way, but I got him/her to the city park and backed up near the pond and opened my trucks tailgate and carefully grabbed the turtle and carried it to the ponds shore. I imagine the typical leftist would have enjoyed making the turtle find the water itself, but I gently put the turtle down at the ponds edge. I took a few pictures of my new turtle friend, and I share two with you here.

Here is a picture of my friend the snapping turtle, and I hope it has a long life, and has the pleasure of biting the toes of a few liberal do-gooders if they take their smelly sandals off and wade in the pond’s shallow water.

Notice the moss on the turtles shell, and the crack in the shell that has healed over time. This turtle was hurt long ago, but somehow survived. It may have been beat with a baseball bat and tossed into a dumpster by a member of PETA. Hey, facts are facts, if PETA tortures and kills dogs people bring to them, they may have been responsible for the injury to this turtles shell.


SAVE AMERICA
SPAY OR NEUTER
ALL LIBERALS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home