Saturday, March 18, 2006

Goodbye Don Knotts

Goodbye Don Knotts, We’ll catch up with you later. Comedy as it is today cannot compare to the years and years of Good Clean Wholesome Comedy.

Laugh if you want, but a real comedian doesn't need foul language or sexual innuendos to make people happy and get them laughing. Red Skeleton, Don Knotts and Gomer Pyle are but three examples of REAL COMEDY.

Well here is a little unsolicited advice from a collector, of such.

I got off on the wrong foot collecting. Everyone collects something, stamps, automobiles, deer antlers, barb wire or even lint.

I thought National Geographic’s were the thing to collect.

So I collected.

Now my collection can't be moved without renting a Moving Van.

Oh, some other things I collect....fruit jars.....now it would take days to wrap all that antique glass up if I wanted to show it all, and would need a moving van to move it.

So,

Here is the thing I have learned, I should have collected stamps.

OK here is an insight into why I choose National Geographic’s and Fruit Jars to collect. I wholeheartedly recommend that you take time occasionally to ponder why you do some of the things you do. Reach back in time and catch the reasons you do something like you do it today. OK here we go, Why webloafer collects National Geographic’s and fruit jars.

I remember those days in the !950's at my grandparents farm. Granddad was stuck permanently where he was, he never had time to vacation, loaf or change vocations. He was a farmer and I loved him so.

He was stuck in Central Missouri forever, but he wanted to know something about the world. He had his Geographic’s, and he took time to show me the world he could never visit except in his mind.

I used to be the brave grandchild that took the walk downstairs to the root cellar, to get a jar of sweet bread and butter pickles. The reason I went to get them, is that I ask my Grandmother if she had any? "Of course I do Johnny" and she told me they were just inside the door to the right. "Go now, and get a pint of them"

How I remember the steps down to the cellar, the creaking door, the spider webs, the darkness, yet a really wonderful place.......the musky smell is something I can remember even today, and I loved to open that door and peer at the neat rows of canned beans, pickles, beets, soup, pears, peaches and many more jars of a harvest of hard work.

America.....harvested, processed and saved for the winter months.

Oh my, I must leave, it is so wonderful to think of America as it was. WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO MAKE AMERICA SOMETHING YOUR GRANDCHILDREN WILL LOVE AND REMEMBER FOREVER??

We both know AJ, that the good Muslims are at a crossroads of sorts.

I hope and pray that they stand up to the people who are trying to control them through terror.

Yes terrorism is why the good Sunni's the good Shiites and Kurds have to live in such misery.

I cannot give you any proof, but I really feel like more and more Muslims want peace.

Maybe if George W. keeps mentioning Islam as 'A peaceful religion' enough, these beautiful slaves will free themselves from the ones who are using their bible to hate.

I really and truly want them to throw off the scum of Islam and live in peace.

We can't do it for them, yes, we have opened a door of opportunity for them, and the blood is flowing, both theirs and ours.

Pray for them, they deserve more than the chains of slavery to religion, for they are humans, just like us, but they are not free.

How did webloafer know this was a Super Bowl Commercial even though he never wasted his time watching the Super Bowl??

This is a grunge ad that I can relate to. The inventor who thinks it will work.....tries....fails....goes back to the boss, and the boss is hostile....so in leaving (probably knowing He would be fired) failed inventor kicks a yapping dog.

So, what's the point....I vote for the one who tried to invent...not the boss.

Your blog is beautiful.

OK, so I'm a little jaded.

I love Sunflowers,

Meadowlarks, John Brown and Bob Dole's wife Elizabeth.....

Oh, excuse me, she is from North Carolina.

Nothing wrong there, Roy Williams left Kansas for there....do I see a trend.

Beautiful Blog you have....if you have a few minutes you would really enjoy my brother in laws blog....

http://anothermansmeat.blogspot.com

He really wouldn't like me, but he loves my sister and my sister loves me....it's a Kansan thing.

And he really is a top notch Christian Writer.

Catch you around,

NICE ARTICLE MY FRIEND,

Basketball....I'm from Kansas I know basketball.

Rituals are great.....

As a truck driver let me tell you about a few rituals of truck driving.

I have driven 1/400th of a Billion safe miles on the highways of America, Canada and Mexico. That is 2,500,000 miles.

I have a few rituals that I must take part in, before I climb up into the drivers seat of the diesel truck.

Awe, looking up at that metal beast with horsepower enough to drag 40 tons down an interstate at 70 mph, I am in awe.

I make sure I have enough Tanya Tucker, Merle Haggard Reba McIntyre and Dwight Yoakum CD's to get me safely through 400 miles of driving.

I make sure I have at least 4 chilled bottles of Ozarka Spring Water, and the right frame of mind to tackle the road.

It's all about rituals, well maybe. But I don't miss on the road, so perhaps the basketball players should be quizzing me as to my success. HaHa HA.

Who gives a.... Truck driving is not a sport, its a job, but I like a good basketball game too. I have to watch the games on radio....if the game happens while I am working my 11 hours work day I have to try to catch it on my trucks radio.

GO KU.....and North Carolina University

AND JUST ONE MORE THING.....

I never pray for KU's basketball team to win, God is too busy getting the Rock Chalk Jayhawk...KU...chant going to listen to me.

OUCH,

OK,

I probably deserved that mental cyber slap.

You said it best my friend when you talked about so many different people with so many different views about so many different things......all of them living together.

Melting Pot????

Yes, and the greatest one in the world.

Melting Pot????

And living in peace. Yes, America has problems, but nothing like the problems of Norway or Iraq.

I went to church today, it is a thing I do with my family every Sunday.

I passed a couple of Mosques that have their main service on Fridays each week. I didn't even think about sneaking into the mosque while no one was there, and placing a bomb there to kill them.

Then there was the Seventh Day Adventist Church we drove by, that met yesterday for services.

I didn’t stop the family vehicle and plant a I.E.D.

There were no bombs or IED’s in the driveway to the church we worship at, in fact we didn't even bother to look.

I could see two other churches from the parking lot of my church as I parked he pickup truck...they were different in belief and practice, yet I didn't worry about mortar shells coming from those churches trying to kill all of us Church of Christ Believers.

If this sounds something you wish you could say about your nation....well it could happen.

If you have a God, believe.

If you are happy being clueless, enjoy threatening and terrorizing everyone else, while you have nothing but the hate of your religion to enjoy??????

Hatred is nothing we use in America.

Hatred is an Islamic thing. Yes it is, in this time of time, Islam is the killer, hater, and destroyer of all that is nice, peaceful and enjoyable.

And I'm not sorry for pointing this out. I have worshipped for over 20 years at one church....thousands upon thousands of hours of worship, and we as a congregation have yet to have uttered or heard a word of hate toward those that believe differently. Nor one word, not even a hint at hatred or ill feelings toward those that believe differently.

Here is how I see it.

If there is a God that created all, knows all, and has the future planned out......

I am sure he is God of all humans that breathe the same air as me......

I am not better, or worse that anyone that is different (at first glance) than me.

If God was a respecter of persons......I would walk away from God, and face the consequences.

If I am worshipping a God, it is a God of Love, not hate, beheadings, car bombs, suicide bombers, mosque bombers or terrorists.

The God I know is a God of Love not Dominion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home